About the Company
SJ Chronicle brings you the latest fashion trends from the runways of New York and other fashion shows through our runway and backstage photography, editorials, and interviews. Our staff has been credentialed by IMG for press and media for coverage of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week (MBFW) and our editorials have been syndicated internationally. Combined with our syndication partners in six countries, we reach 50,000 daily viewers. We invite you to follow us on our Blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and Tumblr pages.
- To maintain world class quality in all our endeavors, every platform has a continuously evolving compilation of best practices which serves as an introduction to any new member joining a particular team.
- After the addition of the first staff member in Oct 2012, despite being a start up, SJ Chronicle has approximately tripled its staff size every three months. As of September 2013, we have fifteen staff members across U.S. With such rapid growth, our hiring focuses on identifying incredibly talented and driven individuals around whom a custom position can be created.
- Our structure is very fluid which provides staff members opportunities to contribute in editorial, social media, public relations, and photography departments. Several of our team members have started in one department (e.g., social media) and then migrated to another (e.g., editorial), or split their time in dual departments to enable them to have a broader overview of the company.
- Despite working in an industry where we’re always racing against the clock, the work assignments take into account individual team member’s schedule to permit work/life balance.
- With the staff connected virtually, every team has an intimate feel working in close knit groups of 2-3 staff members.
We’re always looking to add talented individuals in our various departments:
- Editorial: Fashion Writer, Copy Editor, Article Editor, Feature Editor.
- Photography: Photographer, Photo Editor, Creative Director
- Social Media: Manager (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Blog, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr), Social Media Director
- Public Relations: U.S. relations, International relations
If you’re interested in exploring opportunities with us, please drop us a line with your position of interest, background, and availability for a telephone interview.